Portal Home > FAQ & Knowledgebase > Linux Servers > HELP! What should I do if my server is offline?
HELP! What should I do if my server is offline?
First, don't panic! If your server is really offline, you should be able to get it up and running again within 10 or 15 minutes. Otherwise, RedArray support is standing by to assist you.
Follow these steps to diagnose and, if necessary, reboot your server:
- Attempt to ping the server (check the Knowledgebase for instructions). Positive responses from ping indicate that the server is, most likely, still online. Perhaps only your web server or another application has crashed. Try accessing the server directly via SSH (command line) and investigating further from there.
- If there is no ping response, access your server's Remote KVM panel (iLO). Refer to your server setup information for access details.
- In iLO, launch the remote console and view the activity on your server's console.
- If necessary, use the Power functions in iLO to Reboot the server.
- Monitor ping to ensure the server reboots properly and becomes accessible again.
If you cannot find a resolution using the steps above, please contact RedArray support immediately!